This outfit is actually a bit of a throwback. I posted a picture of it on my Instagram a few months ago, but I never did a blog post on it. I wore this casual outfit to a fun dinner with my parents at a sports grill. You guys know I love my Converse sneakers, so naturally I paired them with this laid back outfit. I also paired this outfit with one of my favorite up-do’s from this post. You may recognize this shirt from an outfit I wore three (what the heck?!) years ago. Hope you all have a great weekend!
September has come to an end. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone by! It’ll be Christmas before we know it. Above are some of the items I noticed myself reaching for the most this month. What were your September favorites?
- Dr. Brandt “Pores No More” face primer – My mom introduced me to this face primer, and I love it! The texture is smoother and thinner than my trusty Benefit “Porefessional.” It also has kind of an herbal smell which I like because it makes me feel like my face is cleaner even though I’m putting makeup on. I know that’s not true, but hey, it makes me like the primer anyway.
- Urban Decay “Naked 3” palette – As we move deeper into fall, I’ve been reaching for the rosy hues of the Naked 3 palette. The colors add such a nice, warm feel to any makeup look. It has everything from golds to browns to pink tones.
- Garnier Fructis “Sheer Set” hairspray – I already mentioned this hairspray in another post, but I like it so much I had to put it here. I’ve been on the go all month at weddings and on a trip, and this hairspray helped me to keep my curls and up-do’s in tact.
- Bath & BodyWorks “Mahogany Teakwood” candle – This is one of my all time favorite scents at Bath & BodyWorks. I don’t know anyone who hasn’t smelled this before, but in case you haven’t, it basically smells like amazing men’s cologne. Whenever I burn this candle my whole house smells like Abercrombie & Fitch. I also found this scent in the form of shower gel, lotion, and body spray during the semiannual sale. I snatched them right up and have been smelling like men’s cologne for a month (which I’m not mad about).
- Anne Klein watch – It’s no secret to anyone who’s been following my blog lately that I’m obsessed with my Anne Klein watches. I’ve been reaching for the gold one more this month because it pairs so nicely with all of the dark, warm fall tones.
- OPI Nail Lacquer “Malaga Wine” – When it comes to nail polish, I love breaking out the dark colors for fall. This one is such a beautiful maroon color that will be on repeat for the next few months.
You can never go wrong with a chambray shirt. They’re a great alternative to a denim jacket when it’s still a little warm out. I recently got this one toward the end of summer. I also got these booties on a killer deal last fall. I’d been looking for a pair of tan wedge booties, as you may recall from this post. They are so, so comfortable which is amazing because you can have the chicness of wearing heels without the inevitable pain they usually bring. I’ve got my eye on the same pair but in black. I’ve been counting down the days until I could break out these babies. You can be sure I’ll be wearing these shoes on repeat this fall and winter. What item have you been looking forward to wearing?
Fall brings so many wonderful things. Specifically, it brings so many delicious recipes! I love perusing Pinterest for dinner inspiration. I also love looking for amazing autumn baking recipes. One of my favorite fall recipes is for super simple pumpkin muffins, but I’ll save those for another post. I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite cold weather recipes for you all. Let me know if you try any!
I’m just going to start this post by saying I LOVE THIS DRESS! I am a sucker for anything cold shoulder, and the fact that these sleeves are flared and flowy is a total bonus. The material has a smooth feel that was nice and lightweight on the extremely hot day I wore it. I also really love the coloring on this dress because it makes it versatile for any time of the year. You have the dark colors for fall and winter and the brighter floral pattern for spring and summer. The silhouette is also very flattering. I chose to add a belt to make it more form fitting, but you could leave it unbelted for a nice casual feel. If I could buy this dress in a million colors and patterns, I totally would!
The trend of baseball hats has grown pretty quickly over the last year or so. I love the casual feel they give to any outfit (except the silk gown Rhianna wore with a baseball cap…couldn’t get into that). I pretty much never wear hats, but every time I do, it makes me want to add more to my collection. I’ve been looking up some inspiration for more outfits with baseball hats, and I’ve seen so many that I can’t wait to recreate with my own twist. Happy weekend everyone!
Sometimes I like to post outfits on my Instagram in addition to the ones I post on here. They tend to be more casual, but I thought you guys might be interested to see them in case you don’t follow me. Hope you’re having a great week!